Thursday, May 14, 2020

Climate Change

Greenhouse Gases? Greenhouse Gases are like a blanket around the world and make the Earth warm and without Greenhouse Gases earth will be cold and freezing.

How will rising sea levels affect New Zealand and countries around the world? If there was a low Island the sea levels rise that Island will be gone for good and other Islands will be gone too.

What is climate change? Climate Change is when the earth gets warmer or colder. Our crops won't be able to grow and you get hungry people. In 2016 we had a cold year and vegetable crops failed around nz. This year has been very dry which has made it hard to grow things. But it been wet here.
It has been so cold this summer that I haven’t been able to go swimming but last year we did a lot of swimming. 

4 comments:

  1. Excellent Lotte, very well put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lotte, cool post.
    I like your simile that greenhouse gasses are like a blanket around the earth. You have put lots of effort on this post. well done. I like how you were talking about NZ and were you live.
    keep it up
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lotte! My name is Mia from Yaldhurst Model School. Amazing work here! I really liked how you described climate change, it was easy to understand and I bet lots of people would find it too.

    Climate change in my opinion is quite aggressive, it changes how we live and the temperatures seem to be changing a lot. I didn't know climate change would make the earth colder! I thought it only made it warmer. How do you think we can help reduce the amount of climate change?

    There isn't much for me to say to improve your blog post! But maybe you could add some pictures of diagrams of climate change over time, or something along those lines, it will make it more interesting to read and look at.

    Great work!
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.